Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our First 5k/Back To Your Roots Tour of Caldwell

I figured since I had the day off I should get out and move my back side. It was a nice walk through Caldwell with my parents, sister and baby Attack. This was mine and Jack's first 5k, and we walked! Yeah right, like I could run it, yes I did have my camera slung around my shoulders too :). I have big aspirations to jump on the 1/2 marathon bandwagon, we'll see, we'll see.
{here is the rest of the group moving their backsides}

{Methodist church where I went to kindergarten and Washington Elementary}

{Library and HC}

{mmmm Canton, this one is for the Dickens}

 {Yeah! We finished!}

 {finish time, no laughing!}

It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the Indian Creek festival later that day. Too bad Brandon had to work, we sure did miss him.
I am including my back to your roots tour pics, or at least the old school landmarks that we happened to walk past.

5 comments:

Heidi Bitsch said...

That was a good day! We need to do it again!

Kay Hinton said...

thank you for the tour of my hometown. I loved it! You look beautiful and your baby is so cute!

Jessica said...

How fun, wish I could've been there! And you are making me crave Canton now (like I don't all the time anyway!)! Good memories looking at these pics, thanks for sharing them.

Jessica said...

and you're also making me want some HC now.... and where's Jacks??

Heather Capener said...

Thanks Kay!
Dickens, Jack's wasn't on the route and if I had money in my pocket I would have detoured for some food! :)
I need to do a real "back to your roots tours" I have a list of places running through my head.